Who we are:
When we refer to Aquasol, Aquasol Nutri or ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), we mean Aquasol Agrocom Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd trading as Aquasol Nutri, registration number 1995/0013195/07 and our offices are at Aquasol House, 7 Fick Street, Potchefstroom, 6325, South Africa and reachable via our Contact us (https://www.aquasolnutri.com/contact/) page.
- On our site (including our website and Aquasol owned and/or operated websites and mobile sites).
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and Aquasol that are related to the products and services Aquasol is providing you.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our website or from applications marketplaces.
How we collect your data:
When you visit our website or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect data can be categorized into the following:
i. Data you provide directly:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our website or application. This information includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website and/or application, subscribing to services, posting material or requesting
further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website or application.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website or application.
If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites, applications or services.
From time to time Aquasol will request more specific information about our customers. This is done in the form of surveys and is completely voluntary. The information gathered in these surveys helps us to better understand our customer
base and their needs. By compiling this data, we can work to improve customer experiences with Aquasol.
ii. Data we collect automatically:
- We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or make use of our services or applications, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites, services
and applications including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites, applications and services to enable us to provide
you with the best experience possible.
- Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you choose to reject cookies some parts of our websites or mobile sites may not work properly. These cookies do not collect personal information and are usually terminated once customers leave the site. These cookies record the time of your visit, the date, the “referring page” that brought you to our site, and the IP address that your ISP has assigned to your computer at the time of your visit. This anonymous information is used to assist us in refining our websites to create a better user experience.
How we use your data:
First and foremost, we use your personal data to:
- Operate our websites and applications and to provide you with services you have requested.
- To manage our relationship with you.
We also use your personal data for other purposes which may include the following:
i. To communicate with you:
providing you with information you have requested from us or information we are required to send to you.
ii. To support you:
Operational communications, like changes to our website, applications and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites, applications and services.
iii. To enhance our websites, applications and services and develop new ones
We track and monitor the use of our websites, applications and services so we can keep improving, or by performing technical analysis of our website, applications and services so that we can optimize your user experience and provide you with more efficient products or services.
iv. To protect:
We verify your identity when you sign into our systems. Also, in order to ensure that everyone is using our website, applications and services properly and in accordance with our terms and conditions we also track, detect and prevent any fraudulent or malicious activity. Furthermore, for the purpose of managing our legal and operational affairs.
We can also use our website and/or applications to market different products and services we think you might be interested in, in accordance with your marketing preferences. If you receive any unsolicited emails from us, you can contact us at any time should you wish to be removed as a contact.
vi. To analyze, aggregate and report:
We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our websites, applications and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymized analytics and reports, which we may share publicly with third parties.
vii. To provide you with general functions:
Such as administrative and performance functions and activities or for the purpose of training our staff.
viii. For purposes which are required by law:
Or for the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
How we share your data:
To further protect the privacy of our customers, access to information by our employees is restricted within the company. Only employees with an absolute need to use that information – in order to better serve customers – are able to view any relevant personal details submitted, according to their job function.
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- Third party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data, such as support delivery or provide functionality on our webiste, applications or services, or o market or promote our goods and services to you.
- Subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connecting with the ways we use personal information, in particular: website hosting providers, technical and customer support services, marketing and analytics services, security and fraud prevention services, subscription management services, payment processing services, identification verification services, operational services, etc.
- Our professional advisors.
- Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties when we think it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
- Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations.
- A third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity.
- A third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks.
- An actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business
- Other people where we have your consent or where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
Security is a priority for us when it comes to your personal data. We’re committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens.
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers and occasional hard copy files are kept securely in South Africa. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication and/or data encryption where appropriate.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (in order to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with legal requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it and legal requirements in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it is deleted or anonymized.
You can access some of your personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us at any time. To make an access or correction request, please contact us.
Suitability for Children
In accordance with COPPA, Aquasol does not, at any time, knowingly collect information from, or market our products or services to children under the age of 13. Our websites, applications and services are not suitable for children under the age of 16 years. If you are under 16, do not user our websites, applications or services or give us your personal information.
If you are between 16 to 18 years, you can browse the websites, applications and services, but you’ll require the supervision of a parent or guardian to register or use our accounts or services. It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our websites, applications and services.
Information you make public or give to others
If you make your personal information available to other people, we can’t control or accept responsibility for the way they will use or manage that data.
There are situations where you can find yourself providing information to other people, when posting a public message on a forum or via social media or make contact with another user via our website, applications or directly via email. Please think carefully before making your information publicly available or giving your information to anyone else.